Sunday, September 6, 2009

Starting a new trip



This week I confirmed with World Medical Missions (part of Samaritan's Purse) an assignment next January and February to go to Tenwek Hospital in southwest Kenya, a country I have visited several times and enjoyed immensely.

My first trip was in 2002 to Kijabe Hospital, an African Inland Mission (AIM) facility. Tenwek is further "up country" in the western part of the Great Rift Valley. It is near Bomet, the "county seat" of the district by that name (see map). Tenwek is the largest mission hospital in Africa. Kenya's current political unrest has grieved me as Kenya has been (until recently) able to avoid the partisan warfare that has devastated so much of the continent (Somalia, Nigeria, Congo, Liberia) of recent years. Things are much better but my friends there are still extremely cautious of the future.

I have included a few links to give you an idea of the scope of the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment